Business Licenses

We offer license services in the following industries for new and veteran investors looking to start or develop a business or a branch in Japan.

※N.B. This is not a comprehensive list of our services. Please get in touch for more information.

Construction Industry

The construction industry in Japan is regulated by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MILT), which divides civil engineering and construction work into 29 categories excluding small-scale construction. Each of these 29 categories comes with distinct permits and application procedures – each of which we are able to handle on your behalf.

At Support Gyoseishoshi Law Firm, we provide a range of support including not only construction industry permits, but help with business evaluation procedures and construction bidding. Particularly with demand rising in the run up to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, we are seeing an increase in inquiries from those involved in the construction industry.

Whether you are starting from scratch in Japan or need to keep up with the permits and procedures necessary for an existing business, please feel free to contact us for advice.

Cosmetic Industry

At Support Gyoseishoshi Law Firm, we do not stop at simply making the necessary documents for your business. We also provide specialist services to those entering all areas of the cosmetic industry.

While you may find a similar service provided by cosmetic industry consultants, our support has the advantage of cutting out the middle man, as we are able to directly handle applications and negotiations with the relevant administrative bodies.

Whether you are new to the cosmetic industry or are looking to expand, continue or otherwise develop your business, contact us to find out more about how we can help you with permit applications and more.

CryptoCurrency Exchange Industry

Are you looking to expand your cryptocurrency business to Japan? Do you want to create a new CryptoCurrency but aren’t sure about the relevant laws to watch out for?

At Support Gyoseishoshi Law Firm, we can help you navigate your way through these issues and more.

Please get in touch for a free consultation session with one of our specialists.

Distribution and Logistics Industry

At Support Gyoseishoshi Law Firm, our work goes beyond official documents and registration procedures. Through a specialized consultation and support service, we ensure that you have the appropriate licenses and facilities to allow the transportation, storage and other management of goods to run smoothly. With a record of successful cases throughout Japan, we are experienced in tailoring our service to meet each client’s needs.

However small your advice, get in touch to hear more about how we can help you.

Drone Industry

Do you want to use a drone to take pictures, deliver goods, or just for fun?

Restrictions surrounding the operation of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) have been in place in Japan since December 2015, with hefty fines for those who violate them.

Our support service not only gives you your best shot at gaining the right license for your drone, but also ensures that you have all the correct information with which to fly safely and within the bounds of Japanese law.

Get in touch today to find out more.

Funds Transfer Industry

We provide support for registration for the funds transfer industry at each of our offices in Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka.

From registering as a Funds Transfer Service Operator to formulating your company’s internal regulations and going for meetings with the Financial Services Agency, we can help your business enter the funds transfer industry as smoothly as possible. Contact us for support tailored to your specific needs.

Hotel Industry

Be it a hotel chain, guesthouse or anything in between, we offer support for those engaged or looking to get engaged in Japan’s hotel industry.

While gaining a hotel industry permit is the first step to gaining official approval of your business, this permit alone is not enough. Facilities such as restaurants, bars and cleaning services all require separate permits, with the formats and regulations for each application depending on the location of your hotel. The same can be said of other procedures such as notifying the authorities of steps taken towards fire prevention.

All of this can be handled by us, leaving you free to focus on what really matters to you.

Our support extends throughout Japan and is based on a wealth of experience resulting in invaluable know-how concerning hotel industry applications and negotiations.

*Related Support*

  • Minpaku (private lodging) industry
  • Investment in an existing hotel

Please contact us for up to date information.

Investment Advisory and Agency Industry

Companies that in English speaking countries are generally called securities companies or investment advisers are mostly categorized as Financial Instruments Business Operators in Japan. At Support Gyoseishoshi Law Firm, we specialize mainly in the acquisition of the Type 2 Financial Instruments Operators license.

If you are planning to start an investment adviser business in Japan, why not leave the lengthy registration process to us? Our service covers all the basics from defining your internal company structure and regulations as required in a first time application to providing support for meetings with the Local Finance Bureau. Furthermore, we also provide additional support even after the initial registration process is completed, including assistance with financial inspections, internal audits, in-house training, updates regarding changes in relevant laws and more.

Get in touch today for further details.

Investment Management Industry

Are you interested in bringing your investment manager business to Japan?

From initial advice about how to get your business ready to enter Japan, to negotiations with the Ministry of Finance and submission of the final application, we can guide you through each of the steps necessary for you to register for an Investment Manager License.

Contact us today for a personalized, free consultation service.

Liquor Sales Industry

For those looking to engage in the sale of alcoholic beverages in Japan, it is most likely you will need a liquor license.

With legislation surrounding alcohol sales prone to change, trying to keep up to date with the most recent amendments can be a full time job. Changes in the law may mean that an application for a license that was perfectly acceptable once month has to be completely reworked the next.

If you are passionate about alcoholic drinks – Japanese or otherwise – but are having trouble acquiring the appropriate license with which to sell them in Japan, please do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation session.

Medical Devices Industry

Whether you are seeking to import, export, manufacture or register medical devices, we can help you to acquire the licenses necessary to do so.

Recent years have seen changes in Japanese law which can be difficult to keep up with when handling applications, with misunderstandings as to which class products belong to also being a source of trouble and delays for those looking to register.

Our support allows you to leave these details – as well as other tasks such as creating a QMS report – up to us, giving you more time to focus on other important areas of your businessContact us today to find out more.

Real Estate Industry

The state of Japan’s real estate industry today cannot be described without first recognizing that the majority of large properties – especially in cities – are now affected by the transfer of trust beneficiary rights.

When an owner of real estate (the originator) entrusts that real estate to a trust bank, this becomes a bond known as a beneficiary right. This bond is then traded among investors, creating more possibilities for the originator to gain extra value on this bond.

Previously, such trading was legislated by the Trust Business Act. However, from 2007, trust beneficiary rights came to be treated as securities (i.e. financial industry products) rather than real estate products through the enforcement of the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act.

Due to this, those dealing with the sale, buying or introduction of properties affected by trust beneficiary rights now need to register not only as real estate traders, but also as Type 2 Financial Instruments Business Operators. Hence, the majority of real estate agents – from large scale corporations to small, local businesses – are now registered as Type 2 Financial Instruments Business Operators.

This registration is not something that can be finished in a day or two, with time required so that registration can be completed in time for businesses to successfully follow up new opportunities which require this registration.

Contact us today for more information about how we can help you with this registration and more.

Restaurant, Bar and Café Industry

For those looking to run a restaurant, bar or café in Japan, it is important to be aware of the various requirements as far in advance as possible.

Whether you are looking to share your country’s cuisine with people in Japan, fulfill a long term dream of opening a bar or café, or provide restaurant facilities for a hotel or similar establishment, we can help guide you through the application process.

Get in touch today to find out more about our support service.

Travel Industry

In order to register as a travel business in Japan, you must meet requirements relating to human resources as well as your office space. Collaborating with recruitment companies and estate agents, we can help to find the right people and place(s) to meet your needs.

If you are starting a new business in Japan, we can also help with establishing your company as well as with any necessary visa procedures.

Share your ideas and plans with us and our specialists will present you with the best menu of options for your business.

Used Goods Industry

Whether you are seeking to set up a used goods store, sell Japanese used goods overseas, take part in auctions as a broker or trade at flea markets, we can help you obtain the necessary licenses in order to so.

Why Choose Us?

We have below strengths compared to other gyoseishoshi law firms:

Free, Flexible Legal Consultation / Excellent Customer Satisfaction

Unrivaled Speed / Multi-Lingual Support / No Win No Fee (Visa Services)

Expert Know-How / Nationwide Support / Personal Scheduling Service / Our International Business Network

While registration procedures vary throughout Japan’s many prefectures, our teams in Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka are specialists in cases in which registration in multiple prefectures is necessary. Contact us today to find out more.

*Please be aware that the contents of this site are naturally subject to change, meaning that we cannot guarantee their accuracy at the point of access. For up-to-date information, please contact us directly.*  

Contact Us

    Your Name (required)

    Email Address (required)

    Phone Number


    Current Location (required)

    Current Visa (if applicable)

    Japanese Language Ability

    Details (required)
    *Please note that we cannot handle lawsuit

    How did you find out about us? (required)

    Before you click the submit button, please agree toour terms of service andprivacy policy.